Human Race


I very rarely watch the news, as it is never seems to contain anything good.  As I passed through the lounge one evening to chat to my husband something caught my eye that made me sit and listen, and guess what, what I was witnessing was not good!
Feeling very saddened after watching the news report I promptly went outside to sit in my favourite place for creative writing and wrote ‘Human Race.’

Human Race

Most are very lucky, to have homes that keep them safe
And use of modern  gadgets, some can even fly to space 
Stores filled to the brim, that would feed a growing army
And roads jam packed with cars, which is nothing less than barmy 
All is in excess, compared to those, who came before us 
Our daily news is blazoned, by who makes, the biggest fuss
Strutting like a peacock, boasting all about ones riches 
When still the needy starve and sleep, curled up, in dank dark ditches 
Nothing really changes, no matter what the century 
Many spend their lives, held within a penitentiary
There’s plenty to be shared, but that’s really not the case
Where all that’s actually called for, is a little love and grace
Our ancestors fought hard, to ensure there was a trace 
Of every race and creed, of the growing human race 
© Cheryl Mary Coleman, 2017  Expression #124 13.4.17
If you like this poem please feel free to share, as it may just be what someone needs to brighten their day.
If you feel so inclined to leave a comment or feedback, I would be extremely grateful, and look forward to connecting with you, thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunderclap

Blood Blue Moon

Loaded Spring