Ticking Heart


Ticking Heart

My life is being measured, like the  ticking of a clock
Or gentle waves that lap, on a boat within a dock
How many of my minutes, do I have left yet to spend?
My heart just keeps on beating, like a drum that knows no end
The constellations high above have shined for eons of time
As constant guides that still burn bright and share the sky, entwined
Quietly I sit and ponder under, this nights sky  
I wonder if my ticking heart will let me reach new highs
And so I set to using, these moments with loving care 
That I may gather seeds of joy and with others, I can share
© Cheryl Mary Coleman, 2017  Expression #115 27.3.17

If you enjoyed this poem please feel free to share, as it may just be what someone needs to brighten their day.
If you feel so inclined to leave a comment or feedback, I would be extremely grateful, and look forward to connecting with you, thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunderclap

Blood Blue Moon

Loaded Spring